Thursday, August 5, 2010

STOIC FLAVOR

I'm in my house, I think. It's someone's house. It kind of looks like my house but somehow it's both my house and someone else's house.

A principal (a woman principal of MY school) is giving me school stuff and telling me how "new" school supplies work. In kindergarten, you get all the new glues, and pens and pencils and rulers. My memory digs up an image of my kindergarten class with buckets of new school supplies. Shiny, unsoiled, unused. And then she goes on to explain that the older grades get used things, like the ones she was giving me now. I look at these papers and things in my hands and notice tackmarks on the edges. I think I was starting a school and she was helping me out with supplies.

Then, we need to move some stuff around in the room. Some sort of furniture with wheels on the legs. It's not hard but she wants me to roll it with her. Okay, I say. For some reason, I have to take her by the shoulders, like it's a hanger on a pole with wheels. Then she tries making "a move" on me, like she wanted some sort of sexual relation, and I was like, "Uh.. thanks but no... thanks?" I was on my period and this was my heaviest day. No way was I going to get naked and bleed all over the place. On top of that, doing it with a teacher (let alone other women) was just not my thing.

I escaped to another room. Mike was going to pick me up. I needed to put on my shoes. I'm in my room, sitting on my bed, eating a big wad of cooked onion while trying to put on one of my shoes--it proves difficult. >.< A girl I recognise from school comes in--Erika. She has a glum look on her face. "So you don't do that kind of thing," she says.

"No, I don't do that kind of thing." For some reason, I think she was the one who was trying to make a move on me, not that teacher.

She leaves and in comes ESO and a tall creature. The creature is all clothes, a long, tall jacket and stovepipe hat--think Black Mage from Final Fantasy 9, only there's no black body to be seen whatsoever. I see him first--he's a friend, and he follows me wherever I go. You can sort of see some of his eyes in a slit cut at the edge of the cylinder and the brim. They glow yellow.

I offer him some of the onion I'm eating. He declines. Then I offer some to ESO. I don't think she declines or accepts (or maybe I just don't remember) but she says something along the lines of stoic flavors. Then she says that's what the park bench tasted like. Then the clothes creature starts laughing a recognisable laugh--he takes off the hat and it's my brother in law, Jason. His face is red from laughing so hard. Then ESO laughs and I do too.

I wake up and debate getting up and examining the damage done to my underwear. >.< Periods are no bueno.

4 comments:

  1. No idea what to say!

    I just know that, if I were going to interpret your dream for you (based on my life experiences), I'd go crazy XD

    Beginning with onions...

    ha, when I was in fifth grade, everyone used "onions" as a euphemism for "balls," so that's the first/most powerful thing that comes to my mind, when I think of them. (Of course, that'd just be MY interpretation, if your dream would have been mine, cuz, well, you wouldn't have that memory, of the 'lil ten year olds, saying "onions" and giggling)

    Anyway!

    I'M FAMOUS!

    And, if anything, for me, it'd be like "teacher + girl + wants me?"

    Um, "YES, PLEASE!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. xD Yus, you are famouss. 8D So onions are a euphemism for testicles? That's hilarious. xD But really, I only dreamt about eating that grilled onion because the night before, we went to Salsitas for some awesomeazing street tacos (I got four lengua tacos, omg so intense) and there were these huge chunks of grilled onion in there, like what the fuck is this? But I ate the whole damned thing it was so delicious. xD

    And I also found it strange that you, in my dream, knew the taste of a park bench. I think you might have told me something about park benches yesterday. o.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday? Pshaw, I'm ALWAYS talking about park benches---I'm always dreaming about the PC ones, cuz that's where I always waited, probably.

    And, I don't know that anyone else uses "onions" to replace "balls." I just know Toni, and maybe Matthew, and a few other kids, from when I was in grades 5-8, did, a lot.

    They also said "schlong" a lot, for dick. It was horrible! By that, I mean it was horrible that, every time we had read-aloud sessions, they'd replace the word, say, "fish," for "schlong," so I never fully understood the stories we were reading (only they held the book). So, when it came time to take a test on The Giver, by Lois Lowry, I knew nothing other than, uh, Jonas ran to the river and grabbed a sclong? D:

    Also, I have no idea what a lengua even is, or what Salsitas is, and omg, I need a life D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. xDD HOMG your childhood memories crack me up. xD Schlong... sounds like onomatopeia for a slinky. Which is also vernacular for penis. xD

    Next time you're prompted to eat out somewhere, find the nearest Salsitas and order three or four Lengua street tacos. It's beef--just ten times more delicious. 8D If you have any limes, spank that on those babies and you're ready to chow.

    ReplyDelete