Friday, July 30, 2010

COLD DOG, FROSTBITTEN

I am in an apartment building, or maybe a hotel, in a room. All I can remember/see is one main room and a bed. I'm sitting on it. There's a man here, but he's also not here. His dog is here, too. It's a black dog. I don't know what exactly it is, but one thing is for sure--it's becoming frostbitten. It climbs up onto the bed and I see its skin, through the black fur, turning black. It's turning black quicker than normal, but in my dream it seems slow. I take one of the paws and feel how cold it is. I feel so bad for the dog and take blankets to wrap around it. I try to warms its paws in my hands. I hug and rub him to make him warmer. I look at the man and tell him he's a bad owner for neglecting his dog like that.

Outside of my room, in the real world, my dogs are outside, muddy and wet. Josh won't bring them in because they're too muddy. I think I feel bad for them. Were it not the middle of the summer, I would force him to bring them in, but they're not freezing. Zuzu's going to need a bath, big-time.

I'm in some sort of public place where I am using the internet on a computer to look up something. I think it's pokemon. To girls behind me ask me if I will give/trade them a pokemon yellow. No, of course not. It's not mine, I tell them. "We'll trade you an old lady for it" they say, and giggle. I somehow think this is both amusing and not amusing. Amusing because they think I'm friendly enough to joke with, not amusing because I'm not their little miley cyrus friend and I don't like being joked around with because somehow, I'm serious about trading.

My mother barges into my room, feet stamping. She's obviously annoyed that I didn't wake up early enough so that she could take me with her and my brother to his psychiatrist appointment, so she says something along the lines of, "Oh, Sarah, it's too late now," kisses me good-bye and leaves my room. I can hear them, my mother and brother, clanging stuff around in the kitchen. What are they doing? I take a couple minutes to muster the willpower to get out of bed. I walk out of my room as they are just walking out of the house. I go into the living room to watch Bakugan.

8 comments:

  1. Are these all separate dreams, or did you just randomly teleport places? O.O

    And, I think that's funny, about the Miley Cyrus thing. Did you really think that, in your dream, that you were being treated "like their litle Miley Cyrus"?

    (When I tell stories of my dreams, I try not to insert my real life thoughts into them---like, if in the real world, looking back on the dream, I thought I was being treated like a little Miley Cyrus, I wouldn't include that in my dream-telling. I try to only tell my dreams as they happen, which, yeah, could explain why mah dream-telling sessions are a bit boring, ha.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really, but that was what came close. I just really dislike Miley Cyrus' music. I'm sick of all the music nowadays being "I love you, I'mma write a love song about you, I can't stand to be without you." That's bullshit. People need to wake up and smell the marijuana. That's kind of why I'm backing away from liking Imogen Heap anymore. Her music is way too lovey-dovey. That's why I adore The Dresden Dolls. 8D

    And, I was kind of switching dreams in there. xD One minute, I'm in a room, the next, an internet cafe. The last paragraph is not a dream, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that I've ever seriously listened to anything by Imogen Heap or The Dresden Dolls. ha, I feel like I should listen to more of their stuff, now, to see what you're talking about. (Same goes for ICP, which you mentioned on facebook--I've got LOADS of ICP songs, but I've never listened to them. Random, but does Hollywood Undead count as rap? Cuzzz, for some reason, I'd imagine that ICP sounds like HU, ha.)

    And, sorry for assuming again, but do you mostly listen to girl singers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Depends on the era. If it's around this age, then yeah, I like alot of female musicians. If it's the early 50s or 70s, then I like more masculine musicians. But I still love music with a female voice--Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane (Grace Slick), Fleetwood Mac, etc.etc. There's also some garage band called The Pin Ups who have a female lead, and she's an awesome black lady (I think her name is Dehja, WHICH IS RAD 8D). But for about 60% of my music, I listen to male musicians. 8D

    I have never even heard of them. TIME TO PLAYLIST IT. 8D But yeah, if you get the chance, LISTEN TO DRESDEN DOLLS THEY TALK ABOUT REAL THINGS AND THEY'RE RAD. It's just a piano and a drumset, sometimes a guitar.

    You know what, I think I'll just post up a video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have never heard of Hollywood Undead?!

    Ah, you must listen to Undead (for its BA-ness--sorry, don't want yer parental guidance thing to block my comment cuz of cussing, ha) and Black Dahlia (for its raw emotion, for a rap/pseudo-metal group).

    Hollywood Undead's basically Eminem (voice-wise) meets Linkin Park (musically) meets Slipknot (artistically) meets any "tough-guy"/rap group (lyrically).

    They're awesome, but, honestly, I cringe a bit, every time I see girls wearing HU shirts. I'm like, "Dude, you know HU pretty much talks about using girls in every song, right?" >.>

    Buttt, maybe lyrics don't matter to these people. You pretty much only have to like Eminem, Linkin Park, and Slipknot to like the band. (Sorry if you don't like any of the three, ha.)

    Also, I went through and listened to all of The Dresden Doll's singles. Anddd, I REALLY liked "Sing."

    I thought the line "Sing for the teachers who told you that you couldn't sing" was extremely sad, and the line "Sing for the kid with the phone who refuses to sing" was simultaneously deep/confusing.

    My computer did decide to randomly freeze for a few seconds, every time I played a song---I played them on Youtube, so that really eff'ed up mah listening experience. I did think that they were quite kooky (in a kind of good way), though, and that they were very original.

    Also, no offense, but I don't think I've ever really listened to Janis Joplin or Jefferson Airplane. (Actually, I've never heard of Jefferson Airplane, that I know of.) And I've only ever listened to Fleetwood Mac cuz my dad loves them, ha.

    Whenever I see bands that other people listen to that are pretty interesting/unique, I feel left out and boring. I also feel that way, when other people list little-known authors :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe those girls who like HU like being used?:/

    I love Sing as well. Right next to Truce and the Jeep song. Girl Anacronysm taught me what an anacronysm was, and I think that Coin Operated Boy is all about manwhores. xD It's a band that has a realistic look on life, and that's why I like it so much. Truce is about, "I broke up with you, but I'm not going to hate you, as long as you stay off of my side of the state." Sing, I'm not sure. I think it's about people censoring even though we live in a free country. The Jeep Song, is obviously, a break-up song where she hates his guts but she still can't get over him. xD There are a ton of "can't get over you" songs out there, but The Jeep Song takes the cake, because it's really realistic. Like, "DAMMIT GET OUTTA MY HEAD!" xD

    Janis Joplin and Jefferson Airplane are 60's bands, so they're not really out with new songs lately. If you listen to any Jefferson Airplane, listen to White Rabbit. It's rad. 8D I think you might recognise the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think that I heard "The Jeep Song," though I'll have to listen to it now :3

    And, whoa! Today, I wanted to listen to "Sing," again, and realized why I like it---it reminds me of the song "Existentialism on Prom Night" by Straylight Run. (Never heard it? It's, lyrically, similar to "Sing," in that it talks about singing, too. It's also slow, and, whoa, it's just that song's twin.)

    YOU MUST HEAR IT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Listened to it. I like it. It's good jammmin music, something to just sit there and draw or play video games to. 8D

    ReplyDelete