Tuesday, July 20, 2010

FAIRIES AND FLOWERS

I dreamt a couple days ago that suddenly, my brother's hands started to sparkle. He had gone into fairy puberty. So I decided to take him to the fairy kingdom for help, because I had no idea what was going on. So as I neared the forest, I was met by Tamani. He had dreadlocks. I pointed to my son and said something along the lines of, "He needs help," and Tamani nodded and let us pass.

Then I was no longer helping my brother into the fairy kingdom, but instead hanging out with all these fairies. There was this female fairy, a friend of mine and Tamani's, and Tamani himself. I think we had just eaten dinner. So of course, I was tired. I laid down on this large matress that all the fairies pretty much piled on when they wanted to go to sleep and went into a sleep-like state, although I was fully conscious of where I was and what was going on. The fairy girl sat across from where I was looking (I slept on my side, like I usually do) and Tamani was behind me, brushing my hair with his fingers. He was trying to coax me to come out and join the party that was going on in the other room, but I told him I was too tired. Plus, brushing my hair was really putting me to sleep, so I just closed my eyes. Then, strangely enough, he started to kiss my neck and even climbed on top of me (awkwardly, because I was on my side) but thought better of it and just went back to brushing my hair. After a couple minutes, I got over being tired and stood to join them at the party.

The party was rad. The room was dark and there were water fountains and slides lighted into all colors of the rainbow. I just watched for a little while but then went back to to matress to sleep.

I woke up super early in the morning and walked around like a zombie. The fairies saw me and alerted Tamani that I wasn't really myself. My eyes were magenta-purple, like that was some taboo thing. I went to the door to walk outside and Tamani was there, asking me what was wrong. I just pushed past him and went outside.

It was surprisingly light outside for being early. I walked around this hill where the fairy potal was and spied a bunch of girl scouts with butterfly nets.

"Hey! Whatcha doin?" I asked them.

"We're hunting for fairies!"

Apparently, the fairies were afraid of these girlscouts with butterfly nets. So, I was going to help them out.

"Really? Over here? There aren't any fairies over here. How about you look in the forest and flowers? Fairies are usually around forests and flowers."

I was referring them to butterflies. The scoutmaster chick-lady was really intent on finding fairies (because she knew what they really were) and defied me. But I knew this place better than she did, and I knew fairies, so my advice would be better than hers, the girlscouts concluded.

A man came out of the forest with my brother. "I caught one!"

I looked and didn't panic. "Oh, that's my brother. He's not a fairy."

"But look! His hands are glittering!"

I scowled at them both. "Why are you getting into my glitter? I told you to stay away from it."

He played along and the man let him go.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could have cool fantasy dreams like that.

    I think I usually dream about friends or family (and, more than usually, annoyingly) family.

    Lately, I've realized, Jess is almost always the villain o.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always have fantasy dreams like this, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis. xD Nah, actually, right before I go to sleep I'm writing or telling someone a story that has something to do with what my dream was later. Earlier that night, I was telling my mother about Wings by Aprilynne Pike. So I dreamt about fairies.

    So, yeah, I usually dream just normal wacky stuff. Like being a cow married to a chinese man. o.o

    ReplyDelete